Wednesday, November 11, 2009

AWOL

I know. I've been doing my life, and it's been a little bit nutty.

Things have slowed down though. I'm back.

I've been doing some nifty things:

I performed in a staged reading of a musical in which I got to be an assassin/tracker/performance artist. Preparing for it included watching lots of youtube videos of deer being born. Don't ask.

I finished a residency at the Avondale School and started a new one at Kohn.

I've been rehearsing for the Avondale show, in which I'll be part of a four-person ukulele chorus.

I taught children from all over Chicago and performed for them at Hallowed Halls at the Chicago Cultural Center on Halloween.

I buried myself and did lots of other strange things for art in Fear at the Neo.

(Pic by Johnny Knight.)

(Pic by Aimee McKay)

This is also how I went out on Halloween night -- I thought of it as the ultimate anti-slutty Halloween costume.

Then I painted some giant graffitied walls back to normal during a five-hour strike.

And I had a birthday! October 30th. I took it easy, playing a spooky board game with people I love.

Ironically, I had no time to write the entire first week of NaNoWriMo. I did give myself a goal, a modest one, to work at least 6 hours a week. I have some catching up to do, but so far I've been able to work a lot this week, so no worries there.

I would love to have a new draft by the end of this month. I think it's possible.

No comments: