Sunday, April 12, 2009

Breakups and the Beast

Because I've been slow to post, I'm going to make up for it by sharing something silly. Mike Tutaj made this film, "The 10th Date" (based on a story we adapted way back in 2004 or so) for the Monkeys Wilmette show last March. My blog's too narrow to fit the widescreen, but you can watch it here.

This is the original story:
Once there was a girl named Ashley and a Man named Frankie. They’re on their 10th date. Frankie breaks up with her. She gets really mad and slaps him. “Why!” she said. Frankie said “I’m moving to Alaska.” “I’m going to miss you!” “Yeah!” “Well, isn’t this when you say I’ll miss you too?”


Sorry for being slow to post. If you have a problem with it, I might have to slap you. I had the post-packet sloth, followed by dogsitting for JJ's beast, Bruno.



Since JJ has a nice place with cable on demand, it's easy to chillax and not know where the time has gone. Bruno, Parker, and I watched Twilight together, and Bruno really liked when Cedric Diggory got all mean and sparkly at the same time. Parker says she could never be afraid of a guy who glitters, but she's real alpha and not so into pushy guys.

Rae Rae just read JJ's copy of He's Just Not That into You and liked it way more than she thought she would. "10th Date" Ashley should definitely read it.

No comments: