Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Missing the Cade McNown Memorial League

This is nifty. Apparently, playing sports, and even watching sports, helps your brain do language more better. They found out right here in Chicago.

So maybe all those times I got hit in the head with the volleyball in high school JV helped me get into grad school. And I did rank at the top of my class that year I did swim team.

And theoretically, you don't have to be playing the sports for it to help -- even watching and talking about them makes a difference. The indoor kids can do it too!

So, theoretically, I should not have dropped out of my fantasy football league in order to simplify and concentrate on school. Theoretically, all that football knowledge I collected over the past five years is helping me write my thesis right now. Theoretically, if I really want to be a good writer, I should spend all weekend in a football coma on my couch.

Science is smart.

Currently reading: The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry.