Sunday, December 14, 2008

Partial Fulfillment

Today I completed all my end-of-semester materials, including proofreading and printing out my critical thesis, "Growing Up Marvelous: Coming of Age and the Fantastic in Novels for Young Readers," which I finished oh-so-long-ago, but which I've procrastinated on submitting.

At the bottom of the cover page are the words, "Submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements of the Master of Fine Arts in Writing for Children Program at the Vermont College of Fine Arts."

Making anything permanent makes me nervous. After I mail it in on Monday, anyone who cares to will be able to read it in the program's reading room. But at least I am partially fulfilled.

I know you're dropping everything and running to Montpelier to be the first in line. No rush. If you really want to read it, I'll send you a copy.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

I wanna read it!

(Congratulations on finishing! The one advantage of being a "senior" is that you get to submit your creative thesis electronically, and thus can keep tweaking until the last second.)