Monday, July 20, 2009

Residency

I've been at my final residency at Vermont College of Fine Arts . . . or as new faculty chair Margaret Bechard calls it, Brigadoon.

I miss you.

Yes, you.

I'll write more later -- you know, when I've had more than 5 hours of sleep in a night for a couple of days in a row -- but for now I'll just say the lecture went great, the reading went swell, and last night the rising 4th semesters threw a Hawaiian theme party for us and fulfilled my dream of being a fifties pin-up girl.



Tomorrow I'm done. I won't be leaving this community for good, no, no. You have not seen the last of me, VCFA.

I leave you with a word from Brigadoon, which applies just as well to VCFA:

"It's the hardest thing in the world to give everything. Though it's usually the only way to get everything."

1 comment:

sharon said...

I am so impressed with you and your cool writing/teaching/lecturing self. Congratulations and know that at least one of your blog reader-fans was waiting to hear how it went. Me, I was waiting.