Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I don't handle weather changes well

Does anybody else have this problem?

It's spring -- there are shoots popping up in lawns on my street. I got hot driving around in my car and opened the windows. The sun is bright and encouraging.

But all I want to do is take a nap and play video games. Indoors. I don't want to know how sunny it is. I don't want the pressure to be living every moment to its fullest.

Maybe spring reminds me of LA, or of allergies. They're similar.

I will adjust. I will love the warmth once I get used to it. I'm just not ready for it yet. And I'll always prefer the sharp gravitation of fall.

1 comment:

Jessica Leader said...

I so what you mean about cringing under the pressure of spring, and I've never heard anybody else express this before! Maybe this is the thread that has bound us all along...