Friday, April 6, 2012

I'm Ba-a-a-a-ack!

I went away for more than a year. More than a year?

I know. I know.

So, some stuff happened.

I got an agent, the divine Sara Crowe. Right?

We made a deal with Harper Children's. Right!?! I know.

From Publisher's Weekly 3/1/12:  VCFA grad Rachel Wilson's debut DON'T TOUCH, about a girl who is afraid to touch another person's skin, until the boy playing Hamlet opposite her Ophelia gives her a reason to overcome her fears, to Rosemary Brosnan and Andrea Martin at Harper Children's, at auction, by Sara Crowe at Harvey Klinger (world English).


I showed up as an "Exciting Debut Author" at  RT Book Reviews' Forewards: The Books Before the Buzz. I mean, all they've read is the announcement, but still, that's real nice.

I served as a Graduate Assistant at the last VCFA Residency, where I got to hobnob with the new faculty and meet the current cohorts! And I attended the program's 15-Year-Reunion at AWP in Chicago last month, where I won a very special commemorative bear.

I've been loving on Twitter more: @storybookgirl

AND, my VCFA grad class, The Super Secret Society of Quirk and Quill has started a group blog called Quirk and Quill. Setting up that blog inspired me to come back here. I'll be blogging, there and here, more often.

I've given this blog a mini-facelift. It may change or move in the future, but for the time being, this is my blog. Thanks for visiting, or welcome back!

No comments: