Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 is for Dancing

I made some New Year's resolutions.

I don't usually make them, but this year it feels right. . .

There are some usual ones -- eating better, exercise. Specifically I want to take up swimming again. Swimming in a heated pool makes Chicago winter so much more bearable.

Yoga gets more attention.

I'm going to send my book to agents this year -- sooner than later.

My apartment will be welcoming a new couch, and I will make sure that new couch has a good home. No more boxes for file cabinets. No more screaming blank walls.

And more dancing! I don't know what this means yet, but I went to a pre-choreographed dance contest/party last night to see Mr. Donnell do his stuff.



With homemade trophies, a speakeasy vibe, and multiple spontaneous dance battles it was kind of like being in an 80s movie. I thought for sure I would be too intimidated to join in the party once the contest was over, but the contest put everybody in such a good mood!

I have to hand it to one very drunk man who gave a solo performance with zero choreography and pretty awkward dance moves. There were some tense moments when it felt like the audience might turn on him, but they laughed and clapped and backed him up. I did not want to dance WITH him at the end of the night, but I was happy to dance near him.

No comments: