Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wait, you mean characters are supposed to DO things?

My main character participates in a lot of "activities," which is mostly because I keep auditioning things for her to do in my desperate search for a plot. Right now, she is mostly a dancer. But I've turned on my logic brain. I'm turning its cold eye on my monster draft and trying to figure out whether this choice has thematic and practical integrity.

As I'm exploring, I would love to interview people who have experience with any of these three activities in high school:

Ballet
Competitive swimming
Track & field

If you'd like to inform me, shoot an email to storybookg@gmail.com. Thanks!

1 comment:

Ginger Johnson said...

Rachel, you know I did ballet, right? If you've got questions, I've got answers. Now, if you'll just solve all MY revision issues, I'd appreciate it. Hee hee.