Monday, November 17, 2008

Kick in the pants

Thanks to all the NaNoWriMo (that's National Novel Writing Month) people who posted about Write or Die.

It's a good kick in the pants for rough draft, thumbtack-on-the-delete-button writing, as my little victory tag shows.

2010
61
lab.drwicked.com

After a six hour rehearsal, an after-school class, and oh, right, that trip to New York, this was just what I needed to get past obsessing and into typing. I have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks as my advisor has challenged me to push through to the end of my new draft of my novel for my last packet of the semester. It's time. The new stuff will be raw, as it should be.

So here it is. Hold me to it. No later than December 4th, I will have a new full draft of my novel. Somebody grab a bucket of water because my fingers are on fire.

No comments: