Friday, March 13, 2009

Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me!

It's been over a week since I posted. It doesn't feel like it, which must mean it's been a pretty good week.

Here are a few of the things I've been doing . . .

-- Attending one my favorite theater shows ever . . . The Neo-Futurists' Strange Interlude, part of the O'Neill festival at the Goodman. It took about 7 hours to see it not including travel and post-show hanging out. For a play, that's a pretty good percentage of where the time has gone. This pic's of rockstars Merrie Greenfield and Monkey Brennan Buhl.



The show had crazy hecklers, which you can read about on Dean's blog, for two of the three performances, but a fantastic response from everyone else. People applauded on return from the third intermission on Saturday and gave a fast and unanimous standing ovation after 6.5 hours.

-- Sharing non-dates and margaritas with my good friend JJ as we work on our fictional online series, "JJ and Rae Rae Get Dates." Not that the series is fictional . . . it's completely autobiographical . . . the fictional part is that we're ever going to film anything.

In this pic from an earlier escapade, JJ blocks the door to the men's room as Rae Rae looks on. "Oh. Excuse me."



Sunday's Episode . . . if two young gay men tell JJ and Rae Rae that they don't look old, does it count as a date?

-- Starting the spring session of the Monkeys' after-school program at Loyola Park. Improv with 7-year-olds. YES!

-- Babysitting the cutest baby on the planet. I'm convinced that rocking a baby to sleep is one of the more healthy and relaxing things a person can do.

-- Checking out my friend John Elliott's new CD, American in Love, which captures the end of a long relationship in a painful and satisfying way that I'm sad to say I can relate to. The line Geoff and I agree is cruelly brilliant: "I wasted hours with your tongue."

This vid of one of the songs from the album is directed by an old friend and current rockstar from my college acting class, Trish Hadley.

"Yesterday Some Roses"


-- Meeting up with a boy I hadn't talked to since 7th grade. Yes, I regressed to a degree that was both amusing and awkward.

-- Sending a message to my ex about a dream that I attended his wedding (to someone else). I ask, "Why can't my subconscious be nice to us?" His answer, "Tell your subconscious to calm it! :)" Good and sane advice per usual.

-- Turning in Packet 2 of my last semester.

-- Getting a great response on Packet 2 of my last semester! Phew!

Currently reading Shark Girl by VCFA alum Kelly Bingham.

No comments: