Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Get her done

I'm having trouble getting started today. Yes, it is almost 6pm.

No, I did stuff. I did the Orchard Place show this morning. That was amazing. I got to play a punk rock mermaid with a pink mohawk named Natalie, the seductive leader of the Russian army Natasha, and Kathi the fighting chihuahua. All that made me tired. Imagine.

I read a chunk of a Lady's Home Journal on interior design from the 50's that a friend lent me, so I now know the difference between trumpet-shaped and vase-shaped turnings. I can distinguish between Spanish, Dutch, English, and French Empire claw-feet. Remember how I said I wasn't going to turn into one of those people who know those things? Hm.

I booked a plane ticket to my Vermont College residency, and took care of some other stuff like that.

So, the only thing I'm really having trouble with is writing. I have an hour before I get to go check out a prospective entertainment center. Turns out if you send out an email that you're redecorating, all of your friends will offer you entertainment centers. I will sit here for that hour, and some writing will take place.

It doesn't have to be good. It doesn't have to solve all my problems. It just has to happen.

No comments: