Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cutting

Ever read An Invisible Sign of My Own by Aimee Bender? The character quits things, ritualistically, almost anorexically. She fantasizes about cutting off parts of her own body. I'm feeling that way about my book. I've cut so much that's it's hard to wrap my mind around what's left, hard to figure out if it can still stand up and walk down the street.

But I just reworked my opening scene, and I'm preparing a second outline for my advisor, and I'm thinking that it's going to be okay.

If I just keep breathing.

Also, I just found out that An Invisible Sign of My Own is being made into a movie starring Jessica Alba? Really? Okay.

I can't imagine that it will match the book's brilliant weirdness, but if Jessica Alba's the star, that is already a pretty weird choice, so who knows.

No comments: