Saturday, February 7, 2009

Monkey-O-Kee

If you've never been to Monkey-O-Kee, then you don't know what's it's like to see company members from Barrel of Monkeys singing and acting like fools for your pleasure.



Oh, wait, you've been to a Barrel of Monkeys show? Well then, maybe you do know what that's like, and you know it is not to be missed.

If you're not so familiar with our work, here's a touch of what we do -- it's the closing credit sequence from Collin Souter's Meet the Monkeys documentary. I love the whole sequence, but starting around 3:21 you can see one of my favorite Monkey musical numbers, "Trapped in the Hospital" in its entirety. All the stories featured here, all the stories we perform, were written by our writing students, 3-6 graders in Chicago schools . . .



Consider supporting our work by coming to Monkey-O-Kee or making a donation. You can buy a ticket in advance online at this link, or directly from me. In any case, tell them I sent you, and help me build up Monkey street cred.

Here's the info:

Sunday, February 15th, 2009
8:00 – 11:00pm

Mad River Bar & Grille
2909 N. Sheffield

$25 (ticket price includes domestic beer, pizza and pasta)
All advance purchases include 2 free spins of the prize wheel!

I hate asking people for money, but I love this theater company and the work we do. Even if you can't come to karaoke, you can always send a donation (again, please mention my name) to the office at:

Barrel of Monkeys
2936 N. Southport
Chicago, IL 60657

No comments: