Sunday, March 30, 2008

Punches, Then Flowers

Lacy just posted this excellent news, and I want to help spread the word. Her friend Jason just started a new blog to collect performing artists' tales of shame and misery. You can read and contribute stories at Punches, Then Flowers.

I've noticed I've been posting a lot about theater and online stuff and not a lot about writing. Balance, balance.

In a display of balance, I just bought a video game I've been wanting for oh, the last two years, but I haven't played it yet. See, I'm highly motivated by rewards. Gold stars have always worked on me. Cookies too. Sometimes I get so into what I'm writing that I forget about the reward. That's why I never get very far in video games. So before I can play I'm going to work on a poem. And then I'm going to send Jason one of my favorite horror stories. And then . . . Well, then I'll play the game, but not for long because I have to get up early and write.

Really. I have a ton of work to do. Good work.

Really.

In case you're wondering, the game is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Game of the Year Edition. Yes, I am really that dorky.

And if any writers, or creative artists of other stripes, are actually reading this blog, I'd love to hear in comments if you treat yourself to exciting rewards when you get the job done . . .

No comments: